Growing demand of board games due to increasing number of games bars and cafés across the globe is boosting the market growth. Increasing number of teenagers and adults interested in strategy and war based games is projected to fuel the growth of the board games market in the projected period. Additionally, increasing number of playschool activities and executing these activities in education institutions are expected to increase the demand for board games.Market Overview:
Board Games are games played with the help of board where counters, small objects, or pieces are moved and placed over the board or the tabletop. It also include dice, card, , chess, backgammon, and other games. The emerging need from school going kids for board games along with problem-solving attitude and critical thinking ability is the major factor propelling the growth of strategic tabletop board games. The increasing threat from substitute gaming platforms is estimated to hamper the growth of the board games market in coming years.Report Description:
- The base year for the study has been considered 2019, historic year 2016, 2017, and 2018, the forecast period considered is from 2020 to 2027
- The study delivers a comprehensive analysis of global board games market based on segmentation, product type, game type, material, distribution channel, and region
- The report offers in-depth analysis of driving factors, opportunities, restraints, and challenges for gaining the key insight of the market. The report emphasizes on all the key trends that play a vital role in the enlargement of the market from 2020 to 2027
- Porter’s Five Forces model is used in order to recognize the competitive scenario in the global board games market. This report incorporates the industry analysis which is focused on providing an extensive view of the board games market
- The study also includes attractiveness analysis of product type, game type, material, distribution channel, and region which are benchmarked based on their market size, growth rate and attractiveness in terms of present and future opportunity for understanding the future growth of the market
- The report provides company profile of the key players operating in the board games market and a comparative analysis based on their business overviews, product offering, segment market share, regional presence, business strategies, innovations, mergers & acquisitions, recent developments, joint venture, collaborations, partnerships, SWOT analysis, and key financial information
- The market estimates have been evaluated by considering the effect of different political, economic, social, technological and legal factors which are based on our extensive secondary research, primary research, and in-house databases
- Growing demand of board games due to increasing number of games bars and cafés
- Increasing number of teenagers and adults interested in strategy and war based games
- Increasing number of playschool activities and executing these activities in education institutions
- Increasing threat from substitute gaming platforms is projected to hamper the growth of the market
- Improves team building skills and facilitate active learning and problem-solving skills
Regional Segmentation Analysis:
- The board games market is segmented on the basis of product type, game type, material, and distribution channel.
- Product type segment is further divided into tabletop games, card & dice games, collectible card games, miniature games, and RPG games. The tabletop segment dominated the global board games market
- Game type segment is segmented into strategy & war games, educational games, fantasy games, sport games, and others. The strategy & war games segment held the largest share owing to increasing demand for war games from kids and teenagers
- Material segment includes plastic, wood, and others. The plastic segment hold largest market share owing to increasing demand of board games made of plastic material
- Distribution channel segment is divided into online and offline. Offline segment is further segmented into large format stores, specialty stores, and small retail stores. Online segment is leading the demand for board games owing to increasing trend of shopping from e-commerce website and portals
The market is analysed on the basis of five regions namely North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East and Africa. Asia Pacific region is projected to dominate the global board games market however, the adoption rate is slow, and the per capita expenditure on board games remains low in the country. Whereas the North America region held the second largest market share in the global market owing to high popularity of board games, and vendors are introducing new variants frequently.
Global Board Games Market Competitive Analysis:
Key players in the board games market are Asmodée Éditions, Hasbro, Mattel, Ravensburger, Asmadi Games, Bezier Game, BoardGameDesign.Com, Buffalo Games, Clementoni, CMON, Disney, Fremont Die Consumer Products, Funko, Games Workshop, Gibsons Games, Goliath and among others.
All our reports are customizable as per customer requirements:
This study forecasts revenue and volume growth at global, regional, and country levels from 2016 to 2027. Global board games market on the basis of below mentioned segments:
Global Board Games Market, By Product Type:
- Tabletop Games
- Card & Dice Games
- Collectible Card Games
- Miniature Games
- RPG Games
Global Board Games Market, By Game Type:
- Strategy & War Games
- Educational Games
- Fantasy Games
- Sport Games
Global Board Games Market, By Material:
Global Board Games Market, By Distribution Channel::
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Small Retail Stores
Global Board Games Market, By Region:
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of LAMEA
Data Library Research are conducted by industry experts who offer insight on
industry structure, market segmentations technology assessment and competitive landscape (CL), and penetration, as well as on emerging trends. Their analysis is based on primary interviews (~ 80%) and secondary research (~ 20%) as well as years of professional expertise in their respective industries. Adding to this, by analysing historical trends and current market positions, our analysts predict where the market will be headed for the next five years. Furthermore, the varying trends of segment & categories geographically presented are also studied and the estimated based on the primary & secondary research.
In this particular report from the supply side Data Library Research has conducted primary surveys (interviews) with the key level executives (VP, CEO’s, Marketing Director, Business Development Manager
and SOFT) of the companies that active & prominent as well as the midsized organization
FIGURE 1: DLR RESEARH PROCESS
Extensive primary research was conducted to gain a deeper insight of the market and industry performance. The analysis is based on both primary and secondary research as well as years of professional expertise in the respective industries.
In addition to analysing current and historical trends, our analysts predict where the market is headed over the next five years.
It varies by segment for these categories geographically presented in the list of market tables. Speaking about this particular report we have conducted primary surveys (interviews) with the key level executives (VP, CEO’s, Marketing Director, Business Development Manager and many more) of the major players active in the market.
Secondary research was mainly used to collect and identify information useful for the extensive, technical, market-oriented, and Friend’s study of the Global Extra Neutral Alcohol. It was also used to obtain key information about major players, market classification and segmentation according to the industry trends, geographical markets, and developments related to the market and technology perspectives. For this study, analysts have gathered information from various credible sources, such as annual reports, sec filings, journals, white papers, SOFT presentations, and company web sites.
Market Size Estimation
Both, top-down and bottom-up approaches were used to estimate and validate the size of the Global market and to estimate the size of various other dependent submarkets in the overall Extra Neutral Alcohol. The key players in the market were identified through secondary research and their market contributions in the respective geographies were determined through primary and secondary research.