Global Facial Aesthetics Market, By Product (Dermal Fillers, Botulinum Toxin (Botox), Chemical Peel, Microdermabrasion), By Application (Facial Line Correction Treatment, Scar Treatment, Lip Treatments, Restoration of Volume/ Fullness, Others), By End-User (Hospitals, Specialty & Dermatology Clinics, Others), and opportunities and forecast 2020-2027
Facial Aesthetics Market Overview
Facial aesthetics usually refer to non-surgical treatments for the face that have rejuvenating or anti-aging properties. The global Facial Aesthetics market is expected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period. The increasing R&D activities in the aesthetics industry and the recent regulatory approvals are boosting the growth of the Facial Aesthetics market. In addition, the high proportion of the old age population and the rising patterns of early aging due to environmental factors such as pollution are majorly contributing to the growth of the global Facial Aesthetics market.
The rising concern of people about their appearance is gradually increasing, both in the developed and the developing countries, which leads to an increase in the number of cosmetic surgeries performed annually. As well, the rising shift of customers towards minimally invasive and non-invasive procedures and lower incidences of post-surgical difficulties leading to speedy patient recovery. All these crucial factors are remarkably contributing to the development of the Facial Aesthetics market.
On the downside, High costs associated with this procedure along with increasing governing inspection are expected to hamper the growth of the Facial Aesthetics market. In addition to this, the high risk associated with the medical procedure will become the biggest and foremost challenge for the growth of the market. Besides this, the growing number of technological advancements along with improving the lifestyle of the people and the growing awareness amongst the physicians and patients regarding the benefits of facial aesthetics will further create lucrative opportunities for the growth of the market.
Covid-19 Impact on Facial Aesthetics Market:
In addition, the current Facial Aesthetics Market study offers a detailed analysis of the current COVID-19 pandemic impact on the market growth and its influence on the future growth of the Facial Aesthetics Market. The recently published report demonstrates the elevation in the demand for the healthcare sector. The healthcare manufacturers have experienced long term as well as short term effect which includes supply shortages, panic buying, and stocking, regulation changes as short-term whereas approval delays and possible trend variations in consumption could be perceived as long-term impacts of COVID-19 on the health and pharmaceutical market.
The increasing need for a cure has pushed vaccine research and manufacturers to the limit. In addition to this, panic conditions have already spurred the demand for many healthcare products and services which are discussed in detail in this report. Moreover, the impact of COVID-19 on overall market revenue for the base year 2020 and its projection up to 2027 is provided in detail in this report.
Facial Aesthetics Market Segment Overview
Based on product, the Dermal Fillers segment has the largest share of the market. This can be attributed to the high demand for dermal fillers as they help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. Dermal fillers, also known as injectable implants, soft tissue fillers, or wrinkle fillers, are medical device implants approved by the FDA, to help create a smoother and/or fuller appearance in the face, including nasolabial folds, cheeks, and lips and to increase the volume of the back of the hand. The FDA has approved some dermal fillers for the restoration and/or correction of the signs of facial fat loss (lipoatrophy) in people with human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). Hence, the rising acceptance of dermal fillers is driving the growth of the facial aesthetics market globally.
Region-wise, North America is dominating the global facial aesthetics market. This is due to the rapidly aging population, presence of advanced technologies, and skilled cosmetic surgeons in this region. Additionally, the U.S. is the major contributor to the market. The U.S. has a growing demand for botulinum toxins and dermal fillers, owing to improving lifestyles and a growing preference for minimally invasive surgeries. Also, the increasing interest toward aesthetic appearance among consumers is primarily driving the growth of the market. According to the annual plastic surgery procedural statistics, there were 17.5 million surgical and minimally invasive cosmetic procedures performed in the US in 2017. Similarly, the Facial Aesthetics market in Europe is expected to expand during the forecast period due to an increase in health concerns. In the same way, the market in the Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a robust pace in the forthcoming years, owing to an increase in the patient population, rising awareness about aesthetic solutions, and advancements in health care services.
Facial Aesthetics Market, By Geography
· North America (US & Canada) · Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe) · Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, & South Korea, & Rest of Asia-Pacific) · LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Rest of LAMEA)
Facial Aesthetics Market Competitor overview
Some key developments and strategies adopted by manufacturers in Facial Aesthetics are highlighted below.
· In June 2021, ABM Medical Clinic & Cosmetics, a top-rated clinic for body improvements and facial aesthetics, announced the addition of three new aesthetic medical procedures. The new body rejuvenation treatments include PRP (Platet-Rich Plasma) Facial, PRP Therapy for Hair Loss, and Vampire Facial.
· In January 2020, Revance Therapeutics, a biotechnology company pioneering new innovations in neuromodulators for aesthetic and therapeutic indications, signed a U.S. distribution agreement with TEOXANE SA, Swiss laboratories specializing in Hyaluronic Acid dermal fillers, making Revance the exclusive commercialization partner of the Swiss company’s modern and innovative Resilient Hyaluronic Acid® (RHA®) technology.
· In April 2019, Merz, a global leader in medical aesthetics, announced the launch of Belotero® Revive, a dermal filler product containing a unique combination of hyaluronic acid (HA) and glycerol, designed to improve hydration, elasticity and firmness of the skin and to address the appearance of fine lines.
Facial Aesthetics Market, Key Players
· Allergan PLC · Galderma Laboratories, L.P. · Merz Pharmaceuticals GmbH · Teoxane SA · Novartis AG · Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. · Bausch Health Companies Inc. · Anika Therapeutics, Inc. · MD SKIN EFFECTS · Galderma Laboratories, L.P. · ADODERM GmbH · VIVACY Laboratories