A bakery is a business that bakes flour-based foods such as bread, cookies, cakes, pastries, and pies and sells them. Some retail bakeries are also categorized as cafés, selling coffee and tea to customers who want to eat their baked goods on the spot. The global Bakery market is expected to rise at a significant rate in the next few years.
The increasing prominence of in-store bakeries in supermarkets is remarkably boosting the growth of the Bakery market. In addition, the rising demand for organic and gluten-free products is one of the significant factors that propel the growth of the Bakery market in the forthcoming years. Furthermore, health-conscious consumers prefer organic baking products and ingredients such as aluminum-free baking powder, gluten-free flour, and organic baking flour. As well, organic coconut flour, whole-wheat, and multigrain-based products are gaining popularity. These key aspects further support the growth of the Bakery market.
However, factors such as fluctuating raw material prices may hamper the growth of the market. Besides this, several market vendors are launching new products in organic variants to boost their presence in the market. In addition to this, gluten-free banana bread, gluten-free sorghum bread, and many other varieties of gluten-free bread are being launched to target customers with gluten allergies. This crucial factor positively impacting on the growth of the Bakery market.
|Market size available for years||2023–2030|
|Base year considered||2023|
|Forecast unit||Value (USD Million)|
|Segments covered||Product, and Region|
|Regions covered||North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, South East Asia, Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America and the Middle East and Africa (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Rest of LAMEA)|
|Companies covered||Associated British Foods Plc, Britannia Industries Ltd., Campbell Soup Co., Flowers Foods Inc., Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV, JAB Holding Co. Sarl, Kellogg Co., Mondelez International Inc., Warburtons Ltd., Yamazaki Baking Co. Ltd.|
Covid-19 Impact on Bakery Market
A pandemic such as COVID-19 has not only affected the smooth operations of food supply chains but also resulted in food insecurity conditions in several nations. Manufacturers working in the sector are facing challenges in regards to operations, supply chain, training, safety, emergency responses, awareness, incident management, recreating business models, digitalization, and other unanticipated impacts. Alcohol, a major component in the beverage industry is facing a devastating effect of a pandemic. Around 13% to 15% of the craft beer sector in the world is in the process of shutting up shop, and the wine industry is in severe distress. Besides, shortage of raw materials caused to shut down of many small to medium food processing companies around the world
Bakery Market Segment Overview
Based on the Product, Bread and Rolls is the most prominent segment in the global Bakery market. The bread and rolls segment mainly includes products such as whole wheat bread, sourdough, rye bread, pita bread, focaccia bread, multigrain bread, white rolls, hot dog rolls, and sub rolls. In addition, the growing demand for gluten-free bread and rolls is a key factor that escalates the growth of this segment.
Bakery Market, By Product
· Bread and Rolls
· Cakes and Pastries
Bakery Market Regional Overview
In terms of region, Asia Pacific holds the largest share in the global Bakery market. China and Japan are the key markets for bakeries in APAC. Market growth in this region will be faster than the growth of the market in other regions. In addition, the growing consumer demand for clean-label bakery products will intensify the growth of the bakery market in this region over the forecast period. On the other hand, the bakery market in North America and Europe are expected to witness strong growth in the forecast period. This is because of the rapid consumption of bakery products in this region.
Bakery Market, By Geography
· North America (US & Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe)
· Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, & South Korea, & Rest of Asia-Pacific)
· LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Rest of LAMEA)
Bakery Market, Key Players
· Associated British Foods Plc
· Britannia Industries Ltd.
· Campbell Soup Co.
· Flowers Foods Inc.
· Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV
· JAB Holding Co. Sarl
· Kellogg Co.
· Mondelez International Inc.
· Warburtons Ltd.
· Yamazaki Baking Co. Ltd.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Q1. What is the total CAGR expected to be recorded for the Bakery market during the forecast period?
Q2. What are the driving factors for the Bakery market?
Q3. What are the restraining factors for the Bakery market?
Q4. Which segment is projected to hold the largest share in the Bakery Market. ?
Q5. Which are the prominent players in the Bakery Market?
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Market Segmentation
- 1.3. Research Methodology
- 1.4. Definitions and Assumptions
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Market Drivers
- 3.2. Market Restraints
- 3.3. Market Opportunities
4. Key Insights
- 4.1. Key Emerging Trends – For Major Countries
- 4.2. Latest Technological Advancement
- 4.3. Regulatory Landscape
- 4.4. Industry SWOT Analysis
- 4.5. Porters Five Forces Analysis
5. Global Bakery Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 5.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 5.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Product
- 5.2.1. Bread and Rolls
- 5.2.2. Cakes and Pastries
- 5.2.3. Cookies
- 5.2.4. Others
- 5.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- 5.3.1. North America
- 5.3.2. Europe
- 5.3.3. Asia Pacific
- 5.3.4. Latin America, Middle East and Africa
6. North America Bakery Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 6.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 6.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Product
- 6.2.1. Bread and Rolls
- 6.2.2. Cakes and Pastries
- 6.2.3. Cookies
- 6.2.4. Others
- 6.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 6.3.1. U.S.
- 6.3.2. Canada
7. Europe Bakery Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 7.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 7.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Product
- 7.2.1. Bread and Rolls
- 7.2.2. Cakes and Pastries
- 7.2.3. Cookies
- 7.2.4. Others
- 7.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 7.3.1. UK
- 7.3.2. Germany
- 7.3.3. France
- 7.3.4. Italy
- 7.3.5. Spain
- 7.3.6. Russia
- 7.3.7. Rest of Europe
8. Asia Pacific Bakery Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 8.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 8.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Product
- 8.2.1. Bread and Rolls
- 8.2.2. Cakes and Pastries
- 8.2.3. Cookies
- 8.2.4. Others
- 8.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 8.3.1. China
- 8.3.2. India
- 8.3.3. Japan
- 8.3.4. Australia
- 8.3.5. South East Asia
- 8.3.6. Rest of Asia Pacific
9. Latin America, Middle East and Africa Bakery Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 9.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 9.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Product
- 9.2.1. Bread and Rolls
- 9.2.2. Cakes and Pastries
- 9.2.3. Cookies
- 9.2.4. Others
- 9.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 9.3.1. Brazil
- 9.3.2. Saudi Arabia
- 9.3.3. UAE
- 9.3.4. Rest of LAMEA
10. Competitive Analysis
- 10.1. Company Market Share Analysis, 2018
- 10.2. Key Industry Developments
- 10.3. Company Profile
- 10.4. Associated British Foods Plc
- 10.4.1. Business Overview
- 10.4.2. Segment 1 & Service Offering
- 10.4.3. Overall Revenue
- 10.4.4. Geographic Presence
- 10.4.5. Recent Development
- 10.5. Britannia Industries Ltd.
- 10.6. Campbell Soup Co.
- 10.7. Flowers Foods Inc.
- 10.8. Grupo Bimbo SAB de CV
- 10.9. JAB Holding Co. Sarl
- 10.10. Kellogg Co.
- 10.11. Mondelez International Inc.
- 10.12. Warburtons Ltd.