The estimated size of the global Bioplastics and Biopolymers Market in 2021 was USD 35 billion, and by 2030, it is anticipated to reach USD 90.85 billion, rising at a CAGR of 10.91%.
Consumer awareness regarding sustainable plastic solutions and pervasive efforts to eliminate the use of non-biodegradable conventional plastics are conducive to the market growth of bioplastics. traditional plastics, which are generally petroleum-based, take decades to break down or degrade and lay within the landfills for a long period. perishable plastics break down quicker after they are discarded and are absorbed into the natural system. additionally, the speed of decomposition of biodegradable plastics by the activities of microorganisms is far faster than that of traditional plastics.
Biodegradable plastics break down an hour an additional 180 days or less as compared with traditional plastics, which take around 1,000 years to break down. Increasing landfills and waste piles have emerged as serious environmental hazards and resulted in various adverse effects on the flora and fauna of the system.
The growing consumer awareness concerning these adverse effects (arising from the use of traditional plastics) is encouraging the use of biodegradable plastics. Moreover, the employment of conventional polymers may pose a threat to human health and safety due to their toxic content. As an example, PVC could cause genetic disorders, ulcers, deafness, and vision failure. The table below lists the risks related to the use of standard polymers/plastics. Such high risks increase the demand for products that are safe for human health. Therefore, increasing consumer awareness, along side governmental legislation, is driving the employment of bio-based products like perishable plastics and bio-based plastics.
The bioplastics & biopolymers market players are continuously implementing organic and inorganic ways for his or her growth. In recent years, the players have created several strategic developments within the rising countries of APAC. Moreover, Southeast Asia is made of bio-based feedstock needed to supply bioplastic because it has native access to property raw materials. Thus, laws, not to mention the easy availability of feedstock, will, in turn, facilitate and sustain the demand for bioplastics throughout the forecast amount.
The higher value of bioplastics than that of ancient polymers restrains the expansion of the market in several application segments. In several cases, the price of production of bio-based polymers is two hundredth to 100% beyond that of standard polymers. this can be primarily because of the high chemical action value of bio-based polymers as most of the processes are still within the organic process stage and therefore haven't achieved economies of scale. As an example, PHAs, that have a range of applications in binders, artificial papers, medical devices, electronic elements, food packaging, and agriculture, have high production prices, low yields, and restricted accessibility. PLAs, which have a far lower value of production compared to PHAs, are still dearer than petroleum-based alphabetic characters and PP. In general, the bio-based materials are still at the event stage and haven't been commercialised to an equivalent level as their organic compound counterparts, which are developing chop-chop for quite fifty years.
|Market size available for years||2023–2030|
|Base year considered||2023|
|Forecast unit||Value (USD Million)|
|Segments covered||Type, Application and Region|
|Regions covered||North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, South East Asia, Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America and the Middle East and Africa (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Rest of LAMEA)|
|Companies covered||NatureWorks, Braskem, BASF, Total Corbion Novamont , community Bioplastic ,Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Corporation , Biotech , Toray Industries ,Plantic Technologies .|
The covid-19 Impact on Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market:
Like several different industries, COVID-19 badly knocked the electronic and semiconductor trade. This new event has compact nearly 230 countries in exactly a couple of weeks, leading to the forced conclusion of producing and transportation activities at intervals and across the countries. This has directly affected the expansion of the sector. It's calculable that COVID-19 to depart over USD thirty billion impacts on the physics and semiconductor trade. The arena is majorly affected thanks to transport restrictions on major physics and semiconductor staple suppliers. However, the rising want for semiconductors in many industries can supply fast market recovery over the longer-term amount.
Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Segment Overview
By Type, biodegradable segment accounted major market share, The growing need to reduce the dependency on conventional fossil fuels is propelling the demand for bio-based product. this can be additionally supported by the new policies and laws implemented and adopted by the government bodies globally. These laws include banning or implementing further surcharges on the use of typical plastics in applications, like shopping bags, packaging materials, and disposables. These increasing laws and prohibitions against plastic bags and other plastic items are driving the market for bioplastics, especially biodegradable plastics, worldwide.
By Application, Packaging is that the largest end-use industry for the application of bioplastics & biopolymers market. Increasing environmental regulations and changes consumers manner of customers have increased the demand for bioplastics & biopolymers within the packaging business. Plastics have high durability and permeability to water, that has encouraged their use in packaging. Packaging applications of bioplastics & biopolymers include food packaging, healthcare packaging, cosmetic & personal care packaging, shopping bags, and others.
Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By End User
· Consumer Goods,
· Automotive & Transportation,
· Agriculture & Horticulture.
Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Regional Overview
Region-wise, in terms of regions, APAC is that the fastest-growing bioplastics & biopolymer market owing to the increasing consumer preferences towards eco-friendly plastic products with the quickly growing population of the region. Increasing rapidly buying power has propelled the expansion of various end use industries during this region. These factors ar expected to guide to increasing demand for bioplastics & biopolymers within the region during the forecast period.
Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market, By Geography
· North America (US & Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, & Rest of Europe)
· Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, & South Korea, & Rest of Asia-Pacific)
· LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Rest of LAMEA)
Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Competitor overview
Some key developments and strategies adopted by manufacturers in the Bioplastics & Biopolymers are highlighted below.
· In 2021NatureWorks announced a new strategic partnership with IMA occasional, that could be a market leader in occasional handling process and packaging. This partnership aims at increasing the market reach for high-performing compostable K-cup in North America.
Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market, Key Players
· Total Corbion
· community Bioplastics
· Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Corporation
· Toray Industries
· Plantic Technologies
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Q1. What is the total CAGR expected to be recorded for the Bioplastics & Biopolymers market during the forecast period?
Q2. Which segment is projected to hold the largest share in the Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market?
Q3. What are the driving factors for the Bioplastics & Biopolymers market?
Q4. Which Segments are covered in the Bioplastics & Biopolymers market report?
Q5. Which are the prominent players offering Bioplastics & Biopolymers?
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Market Segmentation
- 1.3. Research Methodology
- 1.4. Definitions and Assumptions
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Market Drivers
- 3.2. Market Restraints
- 3.3. Market Opportunities
4. Key Insights
- 4.1. Key Emerging Trends – For Major Countries
- 4.2. Latest Technological Advancement
- 4.3. Regulatory Landscape
- 4.4. Industry SWOT Analysis
- 4.5. Porters Five Forces Analysis
5. Global Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2023-2030
- 5.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 5.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- 5.2.1. Biodegradable
- 5.2.2. Non-Biodegradable/Biobased
- 5.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 5.3.1. Packaging,
- 5.3.2. Consumer Goods,
- 5.3.3. Automotive & Transportation,
- 5.3.4. Textiles,
- 5.3.5. Agriculture & Horticulture.
- 5.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- 5.4.1. North America
- 5.4.2. Europe
- 5.4.3. Asia Pacific
- 5.4.4. Latin America, Middle East, and Africa
6. North America Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2023-2030
- 6.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 6.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- 6.2.1. Biodegradable
- 6.2.2. Non-Biodegradable/Biobased
- 6.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 6.3.1. Packaging,
- 6.3.2. Consumer Goods,
- 6.3.3. Automotive & Transportation,
- 6.3.4. Textiles,
- 6.3.5. Agriculture & Horticulture.
- 6.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 6.4.1. U.S.
- 6.4.2. Canada
7. Europe Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2023-2030
- 7.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 7.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- 7.2.1. Biodegradable
- 7.2.2. Non-Biodegradable/Biobased
- 7.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 7.3.1. Packaging,
- 7.3.2. Consumer Goods,
- 7.3.3. Automotive & Transportation,
- 7.3.4. Textiles,
- 7.3.5. Agriculture & Horticulture.
- 7.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 7.4.1. UK
- 7.4.2. Germany
- 7.4.3. France
- 7.4.4. Italy
- 7.4.5. Spain
- 7.4.6. Russia
- 7.4.7. Rest of Europe
8. Asia Pacific Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2023-2030
- 8.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 8.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- 8.2.1. Biodegradable
- 8.2.2. Non-Biodegradable/Biobased
- 8.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 8.3.1. Packaging,
- 8.3.2. Consumer Goods,
- 8.3.3. Automotive & Transportation,
- 8.3.4. Textiles,
- 8.3.5. Agriculture & Horticulture.
- 8.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 8.4.1. China
- 8.4.2. India
- 8.4.3. Japan
- 8.4.4. Australia
- 8.4.5. South East Asia
- 8.4.6. Rest of Asia Pacific
9. Latin America, Middle East, and Africa Bioplastics & Biopolymers Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2023-2030
- 9.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 9.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Type
- 9.2.1. Biodegradable
- 9.2.2. Non-Biodegradable/Biobased
- 9.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 9.3.1. Packaging,
- 9.3.2. Consumer Goods,
- 9.3.3. Automotive & Transportation,
- 9.3.4. Textiles,
- 9.3.5. Agriculture & Horticulture.
- 9.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 9.4.1. Brazil
- 9.4.2. Saudi Arabia
- 9.4.3. UAE
- 9.4.4. Rest of LAMEA
10. Competitive Analysis
- 10.1. Company Market Share Analysis, 2021
- 10.2. Key Industry Developments
- 10.3. Company Profile
- 10.4. NatureWorks,
- 10.4.1. Business Overview
- 10.4.2. Segment 1 & Service Offering
- 10.4.3. Overall Revenue
- 10.4.4. Geographic Presence
- 10.4.5. Recent Development
- 10.5. Braskem
- 10.6. BASF
- 10.7. Total Corbion
- 10.8. Novamont
- 10.9. community Bioplastics
- 10.10. Mitsubishi Chemical Holding Corporation
- 10.11. Biotech
- 10.12. Toray Industries