Global Liquid Biopsy Market, By Product (Assays Kits, Instruments, Services), By Circulating Biomarker(Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs), Circulating Tumor DNA (ctDNA), Cell-Free DNA (cfDNA), Extracellular Vesicles (EVs), Other Circulating Biomarkers), By Clinical Application(Early Cancer Screening, Therapy Selection, Treatment Monitoring, Recurrence Monitoring Orthopedics), By Application(Oncology[Lung Cancer, Breast Cancer, Colorectal Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Melanoma Cancer, Other Cancers], Non-Cancer Application), By End User(Reference Laboratories, Hospitals, and Physician Laboratories, Academic and Research Centers, Other End Users)and opportunities and forecast 2020-2027
Liquid Biopsy Market Overview
Liquid Biopsy is a test done on a sample of blood to look for cancer cells from a tumor that is circulating in the blood or for pieces of DNA from tumor cells that are in the blood. A liquid biopsy may be used to help find cancer at an early stage. Liquid biopsies are majorly utilized in the field of oncology. The global Liquid Biopsy Market Is expected to expand at a high growth rate in the forecast period. The growing prevalence of cancer, increasing applications of liquid biopsy, and intensive research activities being performed to determine the efficacy of liquid biopsy over other diagnostic tests are crucial factors that are projected to boost the market’s growth in the forecast period.
Furthermore, increasing R&D on cancer diagnosis is primarily focused on liquid biopsy. As well, key market players and research institutes are mainly focused to conduct extensive clinical trials to develop a highly sensitive liquid biopsy platform. Therefore, extensive research on liquid biopsy aimed at promoting early diagnosis of cancer is expected to enlarge the market during the forecast period.
On the downside, with the lack of desired sensitivity and specificity, physicians and laboratories cannot fully rely on liquid biopsies and have to use tissue biopsies in conjugation with liquid biopsies for diagnosing cancer. This major factor may hamper the growth of the Liquid Biopsy market.Covid-19 Impact on Liquid Biopsy Market:
In addition, the current Liquid Biopsy Market study offers a detailed analysis of the current COVID-19 pandemic impact on the market growth and its influence on the future growth of the Liquid Biopsy Market. The recently published report demonstrates the elevation in the demand for the healthcare sector. The healthcare manufacturers have experienced long term as well as short term effect which includes supply shortages, panic buying and stocking, regulation changes as short-term whereas approval delays and possible trend variations in consumption could be perceived as long-term impacts of COVID-19 on the health and pharmaceutical market.
The increasing need for a cure has pushed vaccine research and manufacturers to the limit. In addition to this, panic conditions have already spurred the demand for many healthcare products and services which are discussed in detail in this report. Moreover, the impact of COVID-19 on overall market revenue for the base year 2020 and its projection up to 2027 is provided in detail in this report.Liquid Biopsy Market Segment Overview
Based on application, the oncology segment is projected to account for the largest share of the market. Hence, the rising prevalence of cancer and the need for personalized medicine are expected to enlarge the growth of this segment. According to the World Health Organization, cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, accounting for an estimated 9.6 million deaths, or one in six deaths, in 2018. Lung, prostate, colorectal, stomach, and liver cancer are the most common types of cancer in men, while breast, colorectal, lung, cervical, and thyroid cancer are the most common among women.
Moreover, according to Circulating Biomarker, the Cell-Free DNA (cfDNA) segment holds a major share of the market. The segment is expected to enlarge at a considerable growth rate, as compared to other circulating biomarkers, in the forecast period. The introduction of next-generation sequencing and improvements in front-end sample preparation and back-end bioinformatics have led to noteworthy improvements in the sensitivity of cell-free DNA assay. This factor significantly contributes to the growth of this segment.
Liquid Biopsy Market, By Product
· Assays Kits
Liquid Biopsy Market, By Circulating Biomarker
· Circulating Tumor Cells (CTCs)
· Circulating Tumor DNA (ctDNA)
· Cell-Free DNA (cfDNA)
· Extracellular Vesicles (EVs)
· Other Circulating Biomarkers
Liquid Biopsy Market, By Clinical Application
· Early Cancer Screening
· Therapy Selection
· Treatment Monitoring
· Recurrence Monitoring Orthopedics
Liquid Biopsy Market, By Application
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Melanoma Cancer
- Other Cancers
- Non-Cancer Application
Liquid Biopsy Market, By End User
· Reference Laboratories
· Hospitals and Physician Laboratories
· Academic and Research Centers
· Other End UsersLiquid Biopsy Regional Overview
In terms of region, North America and Europe accounted for the largest share of the global Liquid Biopsy market. This can be attributed to the large base of biopharmaceutical companies and research and academic institutes in these regions. Likewise, the market of the Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the fastest rate owing to rapidly improving health care facilities in countries such as India, China, and South Korea. As well, China dominated the liquid biopsy market in the Asia Pacific, while the market in India is projected to increase at a significant growth rate during the forecast period. Besides, an upsurge in investment by leading market players and hospitals providers is anticipated to propel the growth of the market in this region. As well, the market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a steady pace in the near future.
Liquid Biopsy Market, By Geography
· North America (US & Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe)
· Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, & South Korea, & Rest of Asia-Pacific)
· LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Rest of LAMEA)Liquid Biopsy Market Competitor overview
Some key developments and strategies adopted by manufacturers in Liquid Biopsy are highlighted below.
· In July 2021, Foundation Medicine announced that the US Food and Drug Administration has approved the liquid biopsy next-generation sequencing test, FoundationOne Liquid CDx, for use as a companion diagnostic to identify patients eligible for treatment with capmatinib.
· In July 202, Tempus, a leader in artificial intelligence and precision medicine, announced results from validation studies demonstrating the reliable analytical performance of the Tempus|xF liquid biopsy. When validated against methods such as ddPCR, the Roche AVENIO kit, and the Tempus|xT solid tumor assay, xF demonstrated high sensitivity and specificity for calling SNVs, indels, CNVs, and gene rearrangements, making the liquid biopsy next-generation sequencing assay a preferred sequencing option should tumor tissue not be available.Liquid Biopsy Market, Key Players
· Biocept, Inc.
· Myriad Genetics, Inc.
· Bio-Rad Laboratories
· F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
· Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
· Genomic Health, Inc.
· Illumina, Inc.
· Roche Diagnostics
· Menarini Silicon Biosystems
· Trovagene, Inc.
· Guardant Health, Inc.
· RainDance Technologies, Inc.