One of the most important factors driving the electrical scooter and bike market is that the increasing costs of petroleum products. Customers from emerging countries are already affected by the increased cost of petrol. Electrical two-wheelers operative on electricity will certainly cut back the overhead of those vehicles. These two-wheelers are additional economical than standard ones. Makers area unit expected to develop electrical scooters and motorcycles that have the next vary than the present breed of electrical two-wheelers. As there are a unit lesser moving elements than standard two-wheelers, maintenance will not be a priority. The very best maintenance value would be the price of fixing the battery, which, however, isn't frequent.
The biggest hurdle within the growth of the electrical scooter and bike market would be the dearth of charging infrastructure. For any user, the foremost necessary concern before shopping for any electrical two-wheeler would be the convenience of charging that vehicle anyplace and anytime. in contrast to developed countries, most of the rising countries lack the required charging facilities. Makers have started providing charging facilities of their own; but, they're not enough to form the charging method hassle-free. A widespread and in depth charging infrastructure network is required for users for the expansion of the electrical two-wheeler market and covers long distances while not bothering concerning locating a charging station.
|Market size available for years||2023–2030|
|Base year considered||2023|
|Forecast unit||Value (USD Million)|
|Segments covered||Vehicle Type, Battery Type , and Region|
|Regions covered||North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, South East Asia, Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America and the Middle East and Africa (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Rest of LAMEA)|
|Companies covered||Mahindra GenZe; BMW Motorrad International; Vmoto Limited; Terra Motors Corporation; Gogoro Inc.; Jiangsu Xinri Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd.|
The covid-19 Impact on Electric Scooter Market:
Like several different industries, COVID-19 badly knocked the electronic and semiconductor trade. This new event has compact nearly 230 countries in exactly a couple of weeks, leading to the forced conclusion of producing and transportation activities at intervals and across the countries. This has directly affected the expansion of the sector. It's calculable that COVID-19 to depart over USD thirty billion impacts on the physics and semiconductor trade. The arena is majorly affected thanks to transport restrictions on major physics and semiconductor staple suppliers. However, the rising want for semiconductors in many industries can supply fast market recovery over the longer-term amount.
Electric Scooter Market Segment Overview
The E-Motorcycle segment is predicted to be the fastest-growing segment throughout the forecast amount. The e-motorcycle segment is that the fastest-growing market. Earlier, manufacturers were specializing in developing e-scooters/mopeds as they need a style a lot of appropriate to include the electrical system. However, e-scooters/mopeds have vary and performance constraints; conjointly, they serve the restricted purpose of short-distance travelling solely. With e-motorcycles, users may serve completely different functions like cruising, racing, off-roading, and travelling, which might increase their demand within the future.
Lithium-ion battery phase is predicted to be the fastest-growing phase throughout the forecast amount. The lithium-ion phase is projected to be the faster-growing phase within the electrical scooter and bike market throughout the forecast amount. Makers try to develop electrical scooters and motorcycles equipped with advanced lithium-ion batteries. The restricted lifecycle and usable capability area unit probably to shift the main focus from lead-acid batteries to lithium-ion batteries and drive the electrical scooter and bike market throughout the forecast amount. Another advantage of a lithium-ion battery is light-weight, that helps maintain the energy to weight ratio of the vehicle. Its electrodes area unit product of metallic element and carbon. It will store a lot of energy per kg of weight compared to a storage battery. Also, lithium-ion batteries' value is high, however it's come back down considerably within the previous couple of years and is predicted to scale back additional.
Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Vehicle Type
Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Battery Type
· Sealed lead acid
Electric Scooter Market Regional Overview
Region-wise, in terms of regions The Asia Pacific market is projected to carry the biggest share by 2027.The Asia Pacific is predicted to be the biggest market. Giant sales production and sales volumes in China, growing demand for cheap electrical scooters for short-distance travelling, and governments promoting electrical two-wheelers area unit expected to drive the Asia Pacific market throughout the forecast period. China’s speedily growing economy is driving the expansion of advanced technologies to boost electrification within the country. China has spent some USD a pair of.4 billion until 2020 to boost the charging facility infrastructure within the country. The Indian government is taking initiatives like FAME-II, giving subsidies and tax exemptions to patrons to market electrical two-wheelers within the country.
Electric Scooter Market, By Geography
· North America (US & Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, & Rest of Europe)
· Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, & South Korea, & Rest of Asia-Pacific)
· LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Rest of LAMEA)
Electric Scooter Market Competitor overview
Some key developments and strategies adopted by manufacturers in the Electric Scooter are highlighted below.
· In August 2020, Okinawa Autotech launched its new electrical scooter, R30. The scooter belongs to the low-speed range, having a most speed of 25 km/h..
Electric Scooter Market, Key Players
· Mahindra GenZe
· BMW Motorrad International
· Vmoto Limited
· Terra Motors Corporation
· Gogoro Inc.
· Jiangsu Xinri Electric Vehicle Co. Ltd.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Q1. What is the total CAGR expected to be recorded for the Electric Scooter market during the forecast period?
Q2. Which segment is projected to hold the largest share in the Electric Scooter Market?
Q3. What are the driving factors for the Electric Scooter market?
Q4. Which Segments are covered in the Electric Scooter market report?
Q5. Which are the prominent players offering Electric Scooter?
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Market Segmentation
- 1.3. Research Methodology
- 1.4. Definitions and Assumptions
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Market Drivers
- 3.2. Market Restraints
- 3.3. Market Opportunities
4. Key Insights
- 4.1. Key Emerging Trends – For Major Countries
- 4.2. Latest Technological Advancement
- 4.3. Regulatory Landscape
- 4.4. Industry SWOT Analysis
- 4.5. Porters Five Forces Analysis
5. Global Electric Scooter Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 5.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 5.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Vehicle Type
- 5.2.1. E-Scooter/Moped
- 5.2.2. E-Motorcycle
- 5.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Battery Type
- 5.3.1. Sealed lead acid
- 5.3.2. Lithium-ion
- 5.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- 5.4.1. North America
- 5.4.2. Europe
- 5.4.3. Asia Pacific
- 5.4.4. Latin America, Middle East, and Africa
6. North America Electric Scooter Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 6.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 6.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Vehicle Type
- 6.2.1. E-Scooter/Moped
- 6.2.2. E-Motorcycle
- 6.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Battery Type
- 6.3.1. Sealed lead acid
- 6.3.2. Lithium-ion
- 6.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 6.4.1. U.S.
- 6.4.2. Canada
7. Europe Electric Scooter Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 7.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 7.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Vehicle Type
- 7.2.1. E-Scooter/Moped
- 7.2.2. E-Motorcycle
- 7.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Battery Type
- 7.3.1. Sealed lead acid
- 7.3.2. Lithium-ion
- 7.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 7.4.1. UK
- 7.4.2. Germany
- 7.4.3. France
- 7.4.4. Italy
- 7.4.5. Spain
- 7.4.6. Russia
- 7.4.7. Rest of Europe
8. Asia Pacific Electric Scooter Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 8.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 8.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Vehicle Type
- 8.2.1. E-Scooter/Moped
- 8.2.2. E-Motorcycle
- 8.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Battery Type
- 8.3.1. Sealed lead acid
- 8.3.2. Lithium-ion
- 8.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 8.4.1. China
- 8.4.2. India
- 8.4.3. Japan
- 8.4.4. Australia
- 8.4.5. South East Asia
- 8.4.6. Rest of Asia Pacific
9. Latin America, Middle East, and Africa Electric Scooter Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 9.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 9.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Vehicle Type
- 9.2.1. E-Scooter/Moped
- 9.2.2. E-Motorcycle
- 9.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Battery Type
- 9.3.1. Sealed lead acid
- 9.3.2. Lithium-ion
- 9.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 9.4.1. Brazil
- 9.4.2. Saudi Arabia
- 9.4.3. UAE
- 9.4.4. Rest of LAMEA
10. Competitive Analysis
- 10.1. Company Market Share Analysis, 2018
- 10.2. Key Industry Developments
- 10.3. Company Profile
- 10.4. Mahindra GenZe
- 10.4.1. Business Overview
- 10.4.2. Segment 1 & Service Offering
- 10.4.3. Overall Revenue
- 10.4.4. Geographic Presence
- 10.4.5. Recent Development
- 10.5. BMW Motorrad International
- 10.6. Vmoto Limited
- 10.7. Terra Motors Corporation
- 10.8. Gogoro Inc.