Global Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Type (Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy, Autologous Stem Cell Therapy), By Therapeutic Application (Cardiovascular Diseases, Wounds and Injuries, Musculoskeletal Disorders, Gastrointestinal Diseases, Surgeries, Neurodegenerative Disorders, Others), By Cell Source (Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchyme Stem Cells, Adipose Tissue-Derived Mesenchyme Stem Cells, Cord Blood Or Embryonic Stem Cells), and opportunities and forecast 2020-2027
Stem Cell Therapy Market Overview
Stem Cell Therapy (SCT) is the treatment of various disorders, non-serious to life-threatening, by using stem cells. Stem cells are cells with the potential to develop into many different types of cells in the body. They serve as a repair system for the body and are used potentially to treat several disorders.
The global Stem Cell Therapy market is projected to rise significantly in the forecasted period. The need for newer and better therapies for the treatment of autoimmune, neurological, and cardiovascular diseases has resulted in an overall increase in research activities and the availability of funding for cell-based research. In addition to this, scientists are trying to develop therapies that replace or rebuild spoiled cells with the tissues generated from stem cells. It offers hope to people suffering from diabetes, cancer, spinal cord injuries, cardiovascular disease, and many other disorders. This crucial factor is expected to boost the growth of the global Stem Cell Therapy market in the forthcoming years. For instance, In November 2019, the Australian government released a 10-year roadmap for stem cell research in Australia—The Stem Cell Therapies Mission.
On the downside, several ethical concerns related to embryonic stem cells for developing stem cell therapy are expected to hamper the growth of the global Stem Cell Therapy market.
Covid-19 Impact on Stem Cell Therapy Market:
In addition, the current Stem Cell Therapy Market study offers a detailed analysis of the current COVID-19 pandemic impact on the market growth and its influence on the future growth of the Stem Cell Therapy Market. The recently published report demonstrates the elevation in the demand for the healthcare sector. The healthcare manufacturers have experienced long term as well as short term effect which includes supply shortages, panic buying, and stocking, regulation changes as short-term whereas approval delays and possible trend variations in consumption could be perceived as long-term impacts of COVID-19 on the health and pharmaceutical market.
The increasing need for a cure has pushed vaccine research and manufacturers to the limit. In addition to this, panic conditions have already spurred the demand for many healthcare products and services which are discussed in detail in this report. Moreover, the impact of COVID-19 on overall market revenue for the base year 2020 and its projection up to 2027 is provided in detail in this report.
Stem Cell Therapy Market Segment Overview
Based on type, the Allogeneic Stem Cell Therapy segment has the largest share of the stem cell therapy market in 2020. This can be attributed to the ease of manufacturing & production processes and the increasing availability of novel stem cell products across major geographies. Additionally, according to the therapeutic application, the Neurodegenerative Disorders segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period owing to the increasing prevalence of Neurodegenerative Disorders and the high cost of therapy.
· Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchyme Stem Cells · Adipose Tissue-Derived Mesenchyme Stem Cells · Cord Blood Or Embryonic Stem Cells
Stem Cell Therapy market Regional Overview
In terms of region, North America is anticipated to dominate the overall market, throughout the forecast period. This can be attributed to the increasing awareness among people, early treatment adoption, and new product innovations. Similarly, Europe is the second-largest market for stem cell therapy owing to the development of more efficient and advanced technologies. Likewise, Asia Pacific is expected to be the most attractive market during the forecast period. Factors such as increasing healthcare expenditure, growth in research and development, and rising investment by key players in the development of new stem cell technologies are propelling the growth of the Stem Cell Therapy market in this region.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, By Geography
· North America (US & Canada) · Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe) · Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, & South Korea, & Rest of Asia-Pacific) · LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Rest of LAMEA)
Stem Cell Therapy Market Competitor overview
Some key developments and strategies adopted by manufacturers in Stem Cell Therapy are highlighted below.
· In July 2021, Iran’s technology ecosystem has unveiled innovative 16 Regenerative products related to stem cells and regenerative medicine, which are expected to help curb incurable diseases and upgrade the domestic medical sector.
· In June 2021, NanoString Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of life science tools for discovery and translational research announced the launch of the nCounter® Stem Cell Characterization Panel for the analysis and optimization of stem cell lines used in the development of potential novel therapeutics.
· In September 2020, Stemedica Cell Technologies received investigational new drug (IND) approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for intravenous allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) in the treatment of moderate to severe COVID-19.
· In August 2020, Pluristem Ltd and Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center Sign MOU to Collaborate in the Development of Cell Therapies and Regenerative Medicines for the Treatment of Severe Diseases Including COVID-19.
Stem Cell Therapy Market, Key Players
· Regenexx · Takara Bio Company · Genea Biocells · PromoCell GmbH · CellGenix GmbH · Cellular Engineering Technologies · BIOTIME, INC. · Astellas Pharma US, Inc. · AlloSource · RTI Surgical, Inc. · NuVasive, Inc. · JCR Pharmaceuticals Co., Ltd. · Holostem Terapie Avanzate S.r.l. · PHARMICELL Co., Ltd. · ANTEROGEN.CO., LTD. · The Future of Biotechnology · Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
Stem Cell Therapy Market Study Global Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027