The central nervous system (CNS), which includes the brain and spinal cord, is an important element of the nervous system. The major purpose of the CNS is to integrate information and aid in the coordination and control of body functions. The global CNS Therapeutics market is projected to grow at a significant rate over the stated period. The ageing population, high frequency of various ailments, and increased awareness of CNS therapeutics diseases are projected to drive the global CNS therapeutics market. According to the National Institute on Aging, almost 524 million people were over the age of 65 in 2010, accounting for around 8% of the global population. By 2050, this figure is predicted to reach 1.5 billion, accounting for over 16% of the global population. As people get older, the incidence of CNS illnesses rises.
The treatment of CNS disease has a lot of unmet needs. Governments, non-profit organizations, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology companies all around the world have dedicated and raised their research funding budgets over time in order to increase research and clinical breakthroughs in these conditions. During the forecast period, this aspect is expected to propel market expansion. The introduction of numerous medicines with novel mechanisms of action, such as serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors, has resulted in the market expansion (SNRIs). Drug patent expiration, on the other hand, is projected to have an impact on total market growth during the projection period.
|Market size available for years||2023–2030|
|Base year considered||2023|
|Forecast unit||Value (USD Million)|
|Segments covered||Disease Type, Application, and Region.|
|Regions covered||North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia, South East Asia, Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America and the Middle East and Africa (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Rest of LAMEA)|
|Companies covered||Pfizer, Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Inc., Biogen, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline plc, Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Novartis AG.|
Covid-19 Impact on CNS Therapeutics Market
In addition, the current CNS Therapeutics Market study offers a detailed analysis of the current COVID-19 pandemic impact on the market growth and its influence on the future growth of the CNS Therapeutics Market. The recently published report demonstrates the elevation in the demand for the healthcare sector. The healthcare manufacturers have experienced long-term as well as short-term effect which includes supply shortages, panic buying, and stocking, regulation changes as short-term whereas approval delays and possible trend variations in consumption could be perceived as long-term impacts of COVID-19 on the health and pharmaceutical market.
The increasing need for a cure has pushed vaccine research and manufacturers to the limit. In addition to this, panic conditions have already spurred the demand for many healthcare products and services which are discussed in detail in this report. Moreover, the impact of COVID-19 on overall market revenue for the base year 2020 and its projection up to 2027 is provided in detail in this report.
CNS Therapeutics Market Segment Overview
According to Disease Type, the Neurodegenerative is one of the largest segments in the global CNS Therapeutics market. The segment is anticipated to continue its dominance in the forecast period. The increasing frequency of neurological disorders such as multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, and Parkinson's disease, as well as their high costs, are expected to boost the segment's share throughout the forecast period. Furthermore, the segment is projected to be driven by strong pipeline products for the treatment of neurological disease.
CNS Therapeutics Market, By Disease Type
· Infectious Diseases
· Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
· Genetic Disorders
· Psychiatric Disorders
· Anxiety Disorders
· Substance Abuse
· Mood Disorders
CNS Therapeutics Market, By Application
· Home Care
CNS Therapeutics Market Regional Overview
Geographically, North America is expected to lead the CNS therapeutics market in the forecast period. Factors, such as a high number of reported cases of depression and anxiety as well as the adoption of advanced therapeutics, are projected to intensify the growth of the market in this region. The CNS therapeutics market in the Asia Pacific is expected to show noteworthy growth in the coming years. This is due to the high rate of incidence of neurodegenerative disorders, increase in awareness regarding mental health, and improvements in healthcare facilities.
CNS Therapeutics Market, By Geography
· North America (US & Canada)
· Europe (UK, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia & Rest of Europe)
· Asia-Pacific (Japan, China, India, Australia, & South Korea, & Rest of Asia-Pacific)
· LAMEA (Brazil, Saudi Arabia, UAE & Rest of LAMEA)
CNS Therapeutics Market, Key Players
· Pfizer, Inc.
· Eli Lilly and Company, Inc.
· Biogen, Inc.
· GlaxoSmithKline plc
· Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
· Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
· Merck & Co., Inc.
· Novartis AG
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Q1. What are the driving factors for the CNS Therapeutics market?
Q2. Which Segments are covered in the CNS Therapeutics Market report?
Q3. Which segment is projected to hold the largest share in the CNS Therapeutics Market?
Q4. Which region holds the largest share in the CNS Therapeutics market?
Q5. Which are the prominent players in the CNS Therapeutics Market?
- 1.1. Research Scope
- 1.2. Market Segmentation
- 1.3. Research Methodology
- 1.4. Definitions and Assumptions
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
- 3.1. Market Drivers
- 3.2. Market Restraints
- 3.3. Market Opportunities
4. Key Insights
- 4.1. Key Emerging Trends – For Major Countries
- 4.2. Latest Technological Advancement
- 4.3. Regulatory Landscape
- 4.4. Industry SWOT Analysis
- 4.5. Porters Five Forces Analysis
5. Global CNS Therapeutics Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 5.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 5.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Disease Type
- 5.2.1. Infectious Diseases
- 5.2.2. Neurodegenerative
- 5.2.3. Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
- 5.2.4. Genetic Disorders
- 5.2.5. Cancers
- 5.2.6. Trauma
- 5.2.7. Psychiatric Disorders
- 5.2.8. Anxiety Disorders
- 5.2.9. Substance Abuse
- 5.2.10. Mood Disorders
- 5.2.11. Others
- 5.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 5.3.1. Hospitals
- 5.3.2. Clinics
- 5.3.3. Home Care
- 5.3.4. Others
- 5.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Region
- 5.4.1. North America
- 5.4.2. Europe
- 5.4.3. Asia Pacific
- 5.4.4. Latin America, Middle East and Africa
6. North America CNS Therapeutics Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 6.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 6.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Disease Type
- 6.2.1. Infectious Diseases
- 6.2.2. Neurodegenerative
- 6.2.3. Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
- 6.2.4. Genetic Disorders
- 6.2.5. Cancers
- 6.2.6. Trauma
- 6.2.7. Psychiatric Disorders
- 6.2.8. Anxiety Disorders
- 6.2.9. Substance Abuse
- 6.2.10. Mood Disorders
- 6.2.11. Others
- 6.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 6.3.1. Hospitals
- 6.3.2. Clinics
- 6.3.3. Home Care
- 6.3.4. Others
- 6.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 6.4.1. U.S.
- 6.4.2. Canada
7. Europe CNS Therapeutics Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 7.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 7.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Disease Type
- 7.2.1. Infectious Diseases
- 7.2.2. Neurodegenerative
- 7.2.3. Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
- 7.2.4. Genetic Disorders
- 7.2.5. Cancers
- 7.2.6. Trauma
- 7.2.7. Psychiatric Disorders
- 7.2.8. Anxiety Disorders
- 7.2.9. Substance Abuse
- 7.2.10. Mood Disorders
- 7.2.11. Others
- 7.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 7.3.1. Hospitals
- 7.3.2. Clinics
- 7.3.3. Home Care
- 7.3.4. Others
- 7.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 7.4.1. UK
- 7.4.2. Germany
- 7.4.3. France
- 7.4.4. Italy
- 7.4.5. Spain
- 7.4.6. Russia
- 7.4.7. Rest of Europe
8. Asia Pacific CNS Therapeutics Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 8.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 8.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Disease Type
- 8.2.1. Infectious Diseases
- 8.2.2. Neurodegenerative
- 8.2.3. Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
- 8.2.4. Genetic Disorders
- 8.2.5. Cancers
- 8.2.6. Trauma
- 8.2.7. Psychiatric Disorders
- 8.2.8. Anxiety Disorders
- 8.2.9. Substance Abuse
- 8.2.10. Mood Disorders
- 8.2.11. Others
- 8.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 8.3.1. Hospitals
- 8.3.2. Clinics
- 8.3.3. Home Care
- 8.3.4. Others
- 8.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 8.4.1. China
- 8.4.2. India
- 8.4.3. Japan
- 8.4.4. Australia
- 8.4.5. South East Asia
- 8.4.6. Rest of Asia Pacific
9. Latin America, Middle East and Africa CNS Therapeutics Market Analysis (USD Billion), Insights and Forecast, 2020-2027
- 9.1. Key Findings / Summary
- 9.2. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Disease Type
- 9.2.1. Infectious Diseases
- 9.2.2. Neurodegenerative
- 9.2.3. Autoimmune & Inflammatory Disorders
- 9.2.4. Genetic Disorders
- 9.2.5. Cancers
- 9.2.6. Trauma
- 9.2.7. Psychiatric Disorders
- 9.2.8. Anxiety Disorders
- 9.2.9. Substance Abuse
- 9.2.10. Mood Disorders
- 9.2.11. Others
- 9.3. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Application
- 9.3.1. Hospitals
- 9.3.2. Clinics
- 9.3.3. Home Care
- 9.3.4. Others
- 9.4. Market Analysis, Insights and Forecast – By Country
- 9.4.1. Brazil
- 9.4.2. Saudi Arabia
- 9.4.3. UAE
- 9.4.4. Rest of LAMEA
10. Competitive Analysis
- 10.1. Company Market Share Analysis, 2018
- 10.2. Key Industry Developments
- 10.3. Company Profile
- 10.4. Pfizer, Inc.
- 10.4.1. Business Overview
- 10.4.2. Segment 1 & Service Offering
- 10.4.3. Overall Revenue
- 10.4.4. Geographic Presence
- 10.4.5. Recent Development
- 10.5. Eli Lilly and Company, Inc.
- 10.6. Biogen, Inc.
- 10.7. GlaxoSmithKline plc
- 10.8. Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- 10.9. Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- 10.10. Merck & Co., Inc.